LBM Research Associates respects the privacy of individuals and is committed to protecting the information of visitors to our website and individuals or entities that use the website at www.lbmresearchassoc.com.
By accessing or using any of our site, you accept and provide your consent to the practices described in this Policy. If you do not agree with the policies and practices contained in the Policy, your choice is not to use this site.
2. Personal Information You Provide
If you register to receive communications from us, by email or other means, we ask that you provide certain personal information such as your name and email address (“Personally Identifying Information”, or “PII”). We use this information to create and update your account, verify your identity, and send you communications about your account or to assist you when you contact customer support.
3. Under Information We Collect
a. User Information
We may collect User Information (“User Information”) from your browser or mobile device each time you access the site. User Information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring/exit pages and URL’s, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
c. Web Beacons
We may use electronic files to count users who have visited that page, to track activity across different websites, to determine users’ interactions with emails we send, to identify certain cookies on the computer or other electronic device accessing that page, or to collect other related information. These files are known as web beacons or pixels. The information collected may be associated with your unique web browser, device identifier, or IP address.
d. Third Party Technologies
We may work with agents, service providers, affiliates, or other third party providers which store and receive data, reports, and other User Information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of our Site, your use of third party applications, and other information that we may use to analyze and improve the Site. These third parties may use both temporary and persistent cookies. We do not have control over how third parties use your information.
e. Third Party Links
Our Site may contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the way third party websites collect or use your PII or User Information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of third party websites that you visit or use, including those you interact with through our Site.
f. Information Sharing
We do not share, sell, or trade your PII or User Information with anyone, except under the following circumstances:
- (i) With Your Consent. We may share information if you consent or direct us to. When you submit PII or User Information while using the Site, you have chosen to consent. If, at any time, you wish to revoke consent, your choice is to notify and stop using the Site.
- (ii) As Required by Legal Authorities. We may share PII or User Information about you if we believe, in good faith, that disclosing information is necessary to comply with a valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law; to investigate potential Terms of Service violations; to protect the rights of other users and visitors; or to detect and resolve fraud or security concerns.
4. Accessing and Updating Contact Information
Users can easily access, correct or update their contact information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Unsubscribe from Marketing
We may use your PII to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you receive marketing e-mail messages from us and wish to opt out of receiving such messages, then you may simply follow the opt-out procedure specified in such e-mail. All emails sent from the Site have unsubscribe links. If you have problems opting out of any list for any reason please contact us at email@example.com.
We use reasonable security measures to protect our users’ information and data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, and alteration, and against unauthorized disclosure and access. We use standard industry practices to protect PII and User Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While protecting your personal information is important to us, we cannot guarantee security of the information you transmit to us while using our Site.
7. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
a. Do Not Track
Certain web browsers may provide an option by which you may have the browser inform websites or internet services you visit that you do not wish to have PII or User Information about your activities tracked by cookies or other persistent identifiers across time and across third party internet websites, online or cloud computing services, online applications, or mobile applications. These are commonly called “do not track” signals. Because we want to provide you with a personalized experience on the Site, we do not change our behavior based on a web browser’s Do Not Track signal.
b. Data Retention
At our discretion, we will retain all PII and User Information that we collect. We retain PII and User Information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so – for example, to provide you with the services you have requested or to comply with applicable legal tax or accounting requirements. Please contact us if you wish us to remove your PII or User Information, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Location-Specific Information
a. European Economic Area
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), LBM Research Associates is your ‘Data Controller’ and is responsible for your personal data. If you have any concerns about the way we use your information or any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are a resident of California, the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”) and the California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permit you to request information regarding the disclosure of your PII by us to third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
c. International Data Transfers
PII and User Information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which they reside. Specifically, the Site is hosted on servers located in the United States of America, and our third party service providers and partners may operate around the world. This means that when we collect visitor and User Information, such information may be processed in any of these countries.
9. Your Data Protection Rights
We will respond to all requests from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you reside in a location within the European Union for GDPR purposes, you also have the following rights:
- Right of access: You have the right to request that we confirm whether we are processing your personal data and personal information.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request that we update inaccurate personal data or personal information.
- Right to erasure (the ‘right to be forgotten’): You have the right to ask that we delete or remove your personal information or personal data.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we ‘block’ the processing of your personal information or personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your personal information or personal data from us. We are required to provide you with your personal information or personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to object: You have the right to request the LBM stop processing your personal information and personal data at any time. LBM is required to do so unless we demonstrate compelling, legitimate grounds for processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Rights relating to automated individual decision-making, including profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affecting you.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information or personal data at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your prior consent.
You have the right to object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com. If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You have the right to complain to the data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
10. Children Under the Age of 13
The site is not designed for use by children under the age of 13. We do not intentionally collect PII or User Information of any person under 13 years of age. If you suspect that someone under 13 years of age has provided PII or User Information to us, please contact us and we will remove that information from our records.
11. Notice of Changes
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time as necessary to reflect changing legal, regulatory, or operational requirements. We will provide notification of the material changes to this Policy through the Site or by email at least thirty (3) business days prior to the change taking effect.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning this Policy, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
LBM Research Associates, Inc.
400 East 71st Street, Suite 21N
New York, NY 10021